Tuesday 25 February 2014

OOTD- Mum's birthday meal

Dress- H&M
Jacket- New Look
Necklace- H&M
Boots- Next





It's my mum's birthday today, and in our house a birthday means a meal out. I don't normally get changed out of jeans and a t-shirt to go for meals with my family, because we're very casual; however, today I decided to wear a new buy from H&M. 
It's a very casual looking monochrome -because I tend not to stray into the world of colour- smock dress but I managed to make it look a bit more formal, so that I could get away with wearing it in the day to my business-wear-uniformed sixth form, by adding a leather jacket (I don't know how I did that) and some heeled chelsea boots. I also wore a silver necklace with small sparkly, sliver triangles, which was also from H&M.

I love smock dresses because they're very similar to the classic skater dress, but smocks tend to have a little bit more room to breathe than skater dresses and they also hide all of your curvy wurvy bits that you don't want showing. They're especially good if you are of the bigger breasted variety, as there is room to move around without creating an explosion out of the top of the dress.

My hair is in a very simple, far from perfect pony tail today as I was in a rush for sixth form this morning and decided it was easier to just pop it up, rather than wasting time trying to make it look presentable.

*waves*

No comments:

Post a Comment